Wednesday, January 18, 2012

THE SAINT JAMES SOCIETY: "Pray For Us" EP


Rating: 4/10

Label: TeePee Records 2011

Review by Kimmo Toivonen

Encouraged by the fact that the last two obscure releases I've reviewed turned out to be quite good, I picked up the third one and hoped for the third stroke in a row... no such luck.

According to the bio, The Saint James Society from Texas are "psychedelic garage rockers" playing "Pentacostal Desert Glam". Say what? All I know that I didn't really find anything to grasp in their music, I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either. After repeated plays their songs stayed distant, and the only song that I really noticed was "The Ballad Of White Horse", which has a bit of a glam vibe. Think of Vain or Bang Tango with an overdose of The Doors and 60'ies psychedelia... Weird.

I'm sure that some fans of garage rock will think that this band is really onto something, but for me the greatness of this band remains a mystery.

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment